Greetings from Hawaii!
Yes, I’m taking some much-needed time off for relaxation, fun, and play (they’re vital for our wellbeing!).
As I packed for my trip, I reflected on the past year and realized that I’ve officially been in business for over a year now, and I couldn’t be more grateful for every minute of it. In fact, I think I’ll be celebrating the milestone with some coconut ice cream later today. I just love that so many dishes incorporate coconut here… and not just the desserts. I’m in food heaven! 😉
Back to my reflections…
This past year, my life has been filled with:
- Joy and laughter (there are so many reasons to smile!)
- Gratitude (for the blessings, lessons, and people who have come into my life)
- Wins & breakthroughs (those of my students as well as my own)
- Challenges (finding the hidden pearls in difficult situations and allowing new possibilities to arise)
Finding your allies
This has also been a year of collaboration. Years ago, it would’ve been difficult for me to ask for help or even accept it. Thankfully, that’s not the case anymore. Yes, I can certainly do this on my own, but the process has been much more exciting and enriching with allies, friends, mentors, and family. So, who are YOUR allies?
As nurturers, sometimes it’s challenging for us to ask for help. I invite you to start giving yourself permission to reach out to others. Maybe start with little things as you become accustomed to asking and receiving.
Yes, it’s beautiful to give, but it’s just as beautiful to receive. Always remember, when you’re receiving, you’re giving someone else the opportunity to give.
A Special Thank You
- To my students – Thank you for allowing me to be your mentor and guide as you cultivated self-love and compassion, broke through challenges, and created lives that you’re excited to wake up to every morning. You are my inspiration!
- To my family & friends – Thank you for your never-ending support. You are my eternal allies!
- To my joy tribe (you!) – Thank you for allowing me to share these moments with you. Know that you are loved and appreciated.
Making time for self-care
During the summer, I’ll be taking some time off for rest and relaxation (self-care has to be a priority!). I’m wondering… What are YOU doing for your self-care? Quiet time, candlelit baths, reading, going for a massage, eating healthy meals?
You won’t FIND the time for self-care, you have to CREATE it and SCHEDULE it. Make it a priority!
During my time off, I’ll be brainstorming, strategizing, and coming up with amazing tools and offerings for all of you! I promise I’ll be thinking of you as I create, rest, and recharge.
I will resume my courses and workshops in September (perhaps in late August!), so stay tuned.
Until then, sending you all a big hug from the island of Oahu where I’m celebrating my 5-year anniversary with my husband, JC. We both needed some R&R. Make sure you get yours! 😉
With love & joy,